Preparing for Kodaly 333 Elementary Exercises
Introductory Information :
-These exercises are better suited for students who are very familiar with their instrument.
-An instrument your student is comfortable with.
In This Video We:
1. Test the student's ability to match pitch and hum the first two notes of a major scale. Most students that have played scales for years can do this. (Also see Prepare)
2. Identify the first degree of the Major Scale as DO, and the second degree as RE. (Also See Make Conscious)
3. Practice singing DO an RE as it is pointed at on the keyboard. If the student's instrument is not the piano, this should be done on the student's instrument. ( Also See Reinforce)
4. Present the Hand Staff. (Also see Prepare)
5. Practice Sight Reading on the Hand Staff in different keys. (Also See Reinforce)